Ralph Birnbaum - Resume Highlights
- Technical illustrations: Standard Motor Products (includes art, animation, technical consultation for curriculum development of over a dozen new training modules and webinar presentations; all on cutting edge automotive technologies) - Turbo Training course development illustrations and web site updates - Munroe Falls Police Academy new website - CRPaul new website - Silver Valley Condo Association new website.
- Publish/edit Autofixworld.com (2008-2009)
- Copy/art Goodyear traning updates (2008)
- Copy prep - 21st Century Diesel - five elearning courses for R.L. Fisher & Co./NAPA (2007)
- Copy/illustration automotive Basic Services elearning updates for NAPA-Goodyear (2007)
- Copy/illustration - Emission Technician two-DVD set (2006)
- Copy/illustration - California Mode 6 and Evaporative Emissions Systems Diagnosis - BAR approved student manual for 2007 California Smog Check Technician Upgrade (2006-2007)
- Copy/illustration - automotive Basic Services elearning for NAPA-Goodyear (2005)
- Copy/illustration - WIX filters elearning Air Induction Systems (2005)
- Copy/illustration/Flash - NYVIP CBT elearning (2004)
- Copy/illustration Ohio One Training - Ohio EPA approved technician 7 part instruction course (2004)
- Copy/illustration four-part Automotive Filtration series -WIX filters (2003)
- Copy/illustration - Silver Bullets (2000) and Getting to Know OBD II (2001), the only two books ever to win Motor magazine Top 20 Tool Awards. Getting to Know OBD II approved for use in emissions training programs by the following states: Alaska, California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- Copy/illustration - OBD II Diagnostic Strategies (2002)
- Copy/illustration - 12 complete NAPA - N.I.A.T. auto repair training courses (1996-2000): • Diagnostic Strategies • Automatic Temperature Controls • Modern Cooling Systems • European Fuel Systems • Asian Engine Management I and II • OBD and Second Generation Scan Tools • OBD II No-Code Diagnosis • Mastering Fuel Injection System Diagnosis • DIS • Auto Electrical and Electronics I and II (N.I.A.T. program CASE certified) • Designed NAPA Auto PhD training series (tabloid with video) including logo design and packaging - wrote video scripts and appeared on screen - content areas include: • Fuel Delivery Systems • Charging System Diagnosis • Sensor Diagnosis • Avoiding A/C Comebacks • Diagnosing Catastrophic A/C Failures • DMM Use • Air Bags • PCM Diagnosis • ABS Brakes
Editor/Technical Editor – Import Service magazine (1987 – 1995)
Responsibilities included: Writing/editing articles for automotive trade publication (nationwide circulation 70,000), preparing editorial calendar, supervising contributors, graphic design and layout including preparation of step-by-step photographic auto repair sequences.
Real World Experience!
Prior to becoming a magazine editor, I worked as an auto repair technician. Certifications included ASE CMAT, Mazda Master Technician, VW Service Guild, and State of Ohio Certified I/M 240 instructor.
BA English with honors, Ohio University